Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Almost there

Last evening, MK Amiotte was singing "Homeward Bound" by Simon and Garfunkle. The chorus pretty aptly captured my own sentiment. Now we're almost there. We're on the road from Denver, expecting to be in Rapid around ten tonight. As we go, I'm trying to get the thoughts of a few more pilgrims. 

John Vargo: Life in Brazil taught me what true hospitality was. We stayed in homes that didn't speak much English and yet tried their hardest to communicate with us and be our parents. On the streets I was able to ask a random stranger for directions and it filled them with joy to help me. It's amazing that a whole nation could be so welcoming to the Catholic youth from around the world.  

Allie Verry: This whole trip feels unreal. The fact that we were welcomed into people's homes so wholeheartedly is mind blowing enough. Add to that the craziness of three million people all gathered onto one beach for one purpose, to worship and share the love of Christ...I can barely believe it  and I was a part of it. This has definitely been the most amazing experience of my life. It's hard to put into words, I'm not sure if I could ever do it justice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment