Monday, July 22, 2013

On the Road

Amid tears the bus departed at nearly 7:30. Hugs and assurances to keep in touch were shared by all, and promises to greet the pope for the people of Sao Jose made the parting only slightly easier. We are now on our way to see Our Lady of Aparacida.  I'll write more about her later.  For now, here are some thoughts from the pilgrims. 

Jack McCloud: Our stay in San Jose was amazing beyond any realm of expectation that I started this journey with. It would nearly impossible to describe the hospitality of not only our host families, but the people of San Jose. Everyone is anxious to get to Rio, and start our WYD activities.

Joel Fundaun: Our trip began with an incredible stay in Sao Jose. Our host families and the families within the parish gave us the most gracious welcome. None of us wanted to part with our hosts, but we are very excited to go to the Basilica de Aparecida and then to Rio!

Lauran Feist : Just a quick thank you again mom and dad for letting me come on this trip! I am so appreciative to have this experience, and I am loving every chance I get to speak in Spanish! The people here are so giving and hospitable. They have really taken Christ's message to heart. The people just add to all the beauty here in Brazil! I love you all so much and cannot wait to tell you everything! 

Talia Wilson: Oh my goodness, I don't think I have the words to explain how amazing this trip has been! I left Rapid City with one family, but I will be coming back with 2!! My home stay family was so beautiful and having them welcome me into their home with open arms and hearts was such a humbling experience. Knowing I have such a strong support system truly helped me dive head first into everything this trip has to offer! I can't wait to se what The Lord has in store for me and our group! God Bless! Blessed John Paul II, Pray for us!!!

Ryder Carlson: All I can truly say honestly is thanks be to God! I've personally been blest to have such an awesome host family. My Brazilian family were so loving to Logan and me and received us with open arms. Today it was hard to have to leave from my new family members here in Brazil, but God is good and one day ( if not on this earth) we will meet again. God is good and he gave me a taste of heaven with this family, along experiences I won't forget. All glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment