Saturday, July 20, 2013

Hobbits?



I wonder if J.R.R. Tolkien's hobbits weren't based in part on the people of Brazil. After and enormous breakfast, my family sent me away with a lunch large enough to feed a small orphanage - two sandwiches, four pieces of chicken pie, two apples, a bowl of cashews and Brazil nuts, and more. I had first lunch around 1:00, second lunch around 3:00 and dinner when I arrived home at 6:00. This was followed by second dinner at 9:00. 

After first dinner, I sat on the couch and fell into a food induced stupor. I was roused some time later to move upstairs where a huge crew had gathered to eat homemade pizza from the wood-fired oven. Just as it seemed things were drawing tow close, the dessert pizza came out of the oven and ice cream appeared from somewhere. 

And now, I am inching my way toward dreamland. My family longs for the chance to wake up late tomorrow, and I do not intend to disappoint them. I will have more tomorrow after experiencing a Brazilian barbecue. I'm told it is like an American barbecue only inasmuch as there will be meat and beer. These alone are sufficiently promising of a good time. Until then...

5 comments:

  1. I love your descriptions! I feel like I am there. Enjoy all the wonderful food opportunities :) praying for all of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless your travels West River....your in our prayers.

    The Schlichte Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Announced at 8:30a mass to check out your blog...I am sure many will do as suggested. Enjoying your views and reporting

    Susan Pisani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pray, Party and Digest on....enjoying your accounting and views

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Gospel homily at St. John's today was on hospitality ... how fitting. God bless your pilgrimage!

    The Poganys

    ReplyDelete