Tuesday, July 30, 2013

From the Pilgrims

Sean: My experiences in Brazil continue to impress me as we fly home. Everything I saw and had the opportunity to do are still fairly amazing to me. I was blessed enough to see The Christ Redeemer and Copacabana  beach, and yet it was the people that left the most lasting impression on me. The amount of love and hospitality poured forth from the Brazilian people was nothing short of amazing. Although my faith was strong before the trip, it was strengthened more by seeing Christ in our hosts loving actions.

Colen Kling: The trip was awesome. I love getting out and seeing the world and the different ways people live. The thing I most enjoyed was that even though the culture was so different every one shared the same faith and one really got a sense of the solidarity in the church, (its like,we're all in this together).  Seeing this strengthened my faith and my hope for the church. I'm excited to see what the future will hold. Finally I hope to take this experience and share the faith with those at home. Also I enjoyed getting to know everyone in our group better. I thank God for all the blessings and even though we were halfway around the world seeing the whole church on that beach felt like coming home. 

Jackie Kuhn: My expectations for this trip were very low, mostly out of fear of the unknown. That being said there wasn't a single concern or anxiety (trust me there were a lot) that God didn't take away or help me through within the first day two. It was amazing to share experiences with so many people from throughout the world, who all share the same beliefs. One of my favorite moments was walking to the beach, through the tunnels-everyone was cheering and encouraging each other. I feel so blessed to have been a part of this group and get to grow in love for Jesus with all the people along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment